DONATE to Shopping Angels, Inc.
When Shopping Angels began operating in mid-March, we had no intention of starting a fundraising campaign. Unexpectedly, we received numerous requests from supporters asking for a way to send donations to our organization. Thus, we began our GoFundMe campaign – the only Shopping Angels GoFundMe campaign that is operated and approved by the Board of Directors. This campaign is still accepting donations!
Along with this unexpected growth, we have encountered unexpected costs. Some of the operational costs associated with Shopping Angels may include (but are not limited to):
- Providing for individuals who require financial assistance
- Providing background checks for volunteers
- Utilizing a volunteer management system
- Upgrading software to ensure coordination is as time-efficient as possible
- Providing personal protective equipment (PPE) to volunteers
- Electronic mailing services to reach our volunteers effectively
- Materials to distinguish volunteers (i.e. name badges)
- Government-related or legal filing fees
Why does Shopping Angels need funding? Though we have completed the process of receiving 501(c)3 recognition, the organization’s journey in making an impact has only just begun. We aim to evolve and adapt as time progresses to serve the needs of our communities. This long-term vision requires a stable foundation upon which we can build the organization.
Because we were not able to utilize funds from these donations immediately, we developed the Sponsor Angel program to help alleviate the financial need across the country. This is an option for donors to directly reimburse volunteers electronically who shop and deliver to a client in need. Click here to learn more about how you can become a Sponsor Angel.